Brown Food has a reputation for being difficult to shoot. Why...because it's dull! Whaaat!
Here are my five pointers to make your brown food stand out:
1) If you can get a shine on it, do so. A little light on soup or sauce goes a long way to making the dish lip-smacking!
2) Think about texture: nuts or seeds, on porridge, a swirl of honey or fruit compote will break the monotony.
3) Add colour, with a garnish a sprinkle of fresh herbs on a plate of beans or soup, yoghurt, cream or chilli flakes.
4) Add props and layers to bring interest to the scene and tell a story around the dish.
5) Cut the food to show the inside, or a different angle - turn a slice on its side, make crumbs or create an interesting composition.
A Wedding Breakfast